Fire Alarm Intermediate Bundle
This self-paced online training series covers specialized fire detectors, notification appliances, signal transmission, and the various fire alarm systems as outlined in NFPA 72®, the National Fire Alarm Code®. Continue your fire alarm education with this series. Complete all eight modules and qualify for .8 CEU.
These modules are included in the series:
- Introduction to Specialized Fire Detectors
- Notification Appliances
- Supervisory Initiating Devices
- EVACS Applications
- Signal Transmission
- Auxiliary Fire Alarm Systems
- Central Station Fire Alarm Systems
- Proprietary Station Fire Alarm Systems
Upon completion you should be able to:
- Describe the role of specialized fire detectors in fire protection systems, the applications and requirements for different appliances, and the principles that underlie their operation.
- Explain the requirements for monitoring critical processes, electric fire pumps, engine driven fire pumps, dry pipe sprinkler valves and systems, pre-action sprinkler valves and systems, building temperature, water storage tanks used for fire protection, special fire suppression systems.
- Describe an EVACS, explain when an EVACS is required, and outline the elements that might be included in an EVACS system.
- Explain how various fire alarm signal transmission methods work, including McCulloh system, active multiplex, directly connected, digital alarm communications system, two-way RF multiplex systems, one-way private radio, directly connected non-coded systems, and private microwave radio systems.
Who Will Benefit
Anyone whose job involves designing, reviewing, evaluating or installing fire protection systems, including: designers, installers, engineers, electrical contractors, technicians, project managers, fire marshals, and architects.
Minimum Computer System Requirements
Continuing Education Units (CEU):
Expected Duration (hours):