Introduction to Structural Fire Protection
This course introduces passive fire resistance features in building design, the key elements in structural fire protection.
Upon completion you should be able to:
- Explain the difference between active and passive fire protective systems
- Identify the major fire resistive materials standards
- Identify the major fire resistive design standards
Who Will Benefit
Anyone whose job involves designing, reviewing, evaluating or installing fire protection systems, including: designers, installers, engineers, electrical contractors, technicians, project managers, fire marshals, and architects.
Minimum Computer System Requirements
- Selected building code regulations
- Fire resistive construction and its role in fire and life safety
- Various references and sources of design information
- Standard test basis for fire resistive ratings
- Prescriptive code requirements for fire resistive construction
Continuing Education Units (CEU):
Expected Duration (hours):